The increasing craze of cannabis has paved the way for marijuana edibles. Following the loose cannabis laws in America, marijuana edibles are widely available in most of the US states. They are more potent and convenient to consume, being the two major reasons for its high demand in the market.
If you are on recreational use, the amount of weed may not be sufficient to satisfy your cravings, instead using that weed smartly to make edibles is a cost-saving and healthy choice.
For instance, new york weed laws (recreational) are a bit rigid with the per day use of legal marijuana. In this case, you can use cannabis for making edibles as they require less amount and would be used for a longer period of time. You just need your preferable strain, other basic ingredients and you can make marijuana edibles at home!
What are Marijuana Edibles?
Many of you must be wondering what exactly marijuana edibles are! What products come under these edibles? Well, marijuana edibles are cannabis-infused food products or dishes that are available in the market and can also be made at home. Marijuana edibles are known to be a nutritional source as they provide protein, fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
Tips for Making Better Marijuana Edibles At Home
Thanks to the dosing-ease and long lasting effects, marijuana edibles are worth giving a shot. So, you have cannabis and want to make some amazing edibles? Of course, who doesn’t want to satisfy their cravings while enjoying a good taste! Below we have mentioned some of the important tips for making better marijuana edibles at home-
Always Use Quality Flower
Choosing a quality bud has its own importance, be it for edibles for any other delivery method. Knowing how to differentiate between high-quality bud and low-quality bud is crucial for the desired and effective results of edibles. A good quality bud appears green in color and gives a fresh pungent aroma. Bad quality buds, on the other hand, give more of a hay-ish or faint smell and appear yellow-ish in color. So, ensure that you are using a high-quality bud to get the healthy effects of cannabis.
Baking is Important
To experience the effects of marijuana, first you would need to decarboxylate or heat it to activate the cannabinoids. Half-baked or raw marijuana would not give you the ‘high feeling due to the presence of THC‑A ( Tetrahydrocannabinolic acid) in cannabis. The heating process breaks down the chemical chain of cannabinoids and gives you the desired effects. Baking the bud for 30 minutes in the oven should be enough.
Slow Process is Effective
Slow and long-time cooking is the key to most delicious dishes. With cannabis-infusion also, slow and time-taken cooking is what brings out the best results in terms of potency. Marijuana infused dishes should be cooked slowly at a low temperature as it results in high potency. Short cook times activate CBD and THC while longer cook times may activate different terpenes such as CBN, which offers better effects.
Last but not the least, gather information about cannabis and cooking. It might sound silly or a trivial concern but it’s the most important. To get the perfect result and effects, one should possess basic knowledge about marijuana and its potential.
Popular Cannabis Recipes to Try
Now that we know the tips of making better cannabis edibles, let’s look at some of the popular recipes which you can try at home –
Cannabutter is the most famous and highly consumed cannabis edible which is loved by many. People use it to spread on their toast or add a teaspoon into smoothies or other dishes. Well, let’s jump straight to the recipe.
Ingredients You Need:
1 ounce of cannabis flower
- Take a medium pan and bring water to a boil. Always keep in mind that your cannabis concentrate should be floating 2 inches from the bottom of the pan.
- Now add the butter. Wait for the butter to melt and add marijuana accordingly. Now comes the important point when the whole infusion should be cooked at a very low temperature. Cook at least for three hours.
- Strain the mixture carefully. For this, you can use a big heat-proof bowl with a strainer lined with cheesecloth. Strain the mixture over the bowl.
- Pick up the cheesecloth from all sides and squeeze out the remaining butter.
- Let the butter cool down at room temperature for about an hour. After the butter is nice and cool, keep it in the refrigerator.
- And your cannabutter is ready!
Ingredients You Need:
- Finely ground cannabis trim
- Cocoa Powder
- Coconut sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Vanilla Extract
- Dry fruits (Optional)
- Make canna-butter. (Read the recipe above)
- Now start the process by preheating oven to 325°F
- Put regular butter to grease the pan (use stainless steel pan)
- Add cannabis butter, salt, cocoa powder, vanilla, sugar and mix it thoroughly.
- Add eggs
- Add flour and whisk the whole mixture until it’s completely glossy.
- Now bake the mixture for 30 minutes. You poke a knife in the brownie to see if it’s nicely baked or not.
- Add your favorite toppings on the brownie and enjoy!
Cannabis edibles have taken a significant place in the cannabis industry where thousands of people order different edibles everyday. Not only do they consume the products to get high but also seek therapeutic effects such as relief from pain, anxiety, etc. Though cannabis is a herbal plant and offers plenty of medical benefits, it can also lead to some side-effects. In the midst of all this hype around cannabis and its potential, make sure you consume edibles as per your genuine body requirement. You can always consult a weed doctor to get the right advice.